This innovative program will be facilitated by founding members of the original Redesigning Care Team, Flinders Medical Centre. The facilitators have been applying lean principles in health care since 2003
This innovative program will be facilitated by founding members of the original Redesigning Care Team, Flinders Medical Centre. The facilitators have been applying lean principles in health care since 2003 and are experts in process redesign. They are well known throughout Australia for their ground-breaking work.
Who should attend?
People working within the health and aged care industry and interested in process improvement.
What can I expect to learn?
- Evolution of lean thinking in healthcare
- Lean thinking principles (value, value stream, flow, pull, perfection)
- Value stream mapping
- Process tracking
- Lean leadership, communication tools
- Lean tools
- Success factors
- Change management
- Intervention (PDSA cycles)
- Design thinking
- Continuous improvement.
- To provide an understanding of lean thinking principles and process improvement in health and aged care redesign.
- To develop your skills in the practical application of lean thinking to clinical or non-clinical process redesign, implementation, and evaluation.
- To provide an opportunity to apply these principles in your own health and aged care environment.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Complete a detailed diagnostic of the current process to be redesigned using mapping and real-time observation.
- Identify and use relevant lean thinking tools to analyse processes, prioritise opportunities for improvement, monitor and evaluate progress.
- Organise and lead a process redesign.
- Demonstrate a participative approach to process redesign through the involvement of relevant stakeholders, including clients, in various aspects of the process.
- Present the result of a redesign process in verbal and written A3 report format.
There is a required written assessment, and participation is expected by all.
You will also be awarded an official grade, which you may be able to use as credit when applying for Flinders University Courses.
Please email Jane Bassham via firstname.lastname@example.org
Every effort has been made to ensure the information in this publication is accurate at the time of publication. Information regarding this course, the course fees, and the content is subject to change. Please refer to our website for up-to-date information.
$2,245.00 (inc. GST) + student services amenities fee.
Flinders University Alumni Discount
Flinders University Alumni are entitled to a 10% discount off the total price of the course, which will be assessed within the enrolment process.
Register / TicketsRegister as a non-award student in HACM9001
14 (Monday) 9:00 am - 17 (Thursday) 5:00 pm
College of Business, Government and Lawcbgl@flinders.edu.au | 8201 3300