2020 Intensive Course Health Informatics Enhance your understanding of current developments in health informatics and their potential impact on the delivery of health care services. In this one week intensive course,
2020 Intensive Course Health Informatics
Enhance your understanding of current developments in health informatics and their potential impact on the delivery of health care services. In this one week intensive course, you will develop skills in using health informatics to solve real-world issues in health and aged care, management and clinical decisions. You will also learn how to make operational and strategic management decisions in relation to health informatics.
This short course will be facilitated by Mark Brommeyer, MEdAdmin, GradDipEd, BAppSc, RN, FAIDH, FIML, AFCHSM, MAICD, CHIA.
Mark has a long career as a health professional and international consultant and is a Senior Lecturer in Health Care Management. Mark is actively involved in current developments in health informatics in Australia and internationally and is Chair of the CHIA Board (Certified Health Informatician Australasia).
He has also delivered highly successful workshops on Digital Health, Health Informatics and Quality and Safety in Health Care in the Flinders-Nankai Master of Hosptial Administration program in China, Singapore and Australia. Mark will be assisted by guest speakers with relevant and current industry experience.
Who should attend?
Clinicians, informaticians, educators and researchers, and industry managers working in the health sector, as well as IT professionals involved in developing and implementing systems related to health care delivery.
Upon completion, you will be able to:
- Define the four elements of health informatics: data, information, knowledge, and decisions
- Explain the processes of sourcing, accessing and storing electronic data; aggregating, linking and benchmarking information; visualising information to construct meaning; and the behaviour, values and engagement required in making informed healthcare decisions
- Apply the four elements of health informatics in addressing a health issue/problem
- Predict the clinical, administrative and technical implications involving healthcare practitioners and processes, when applying for health informatics
- Evaluate the effectiveness of resolving an identified health issue/problem with the four elements of health informatics.
There is a required written assessment, and participation is expected by all.
CPD and Credits
This short course has been recognised and endorsed by Certified Health Informatician Australasia (CHIA) for 20 CPD Points. You will also be awarded an official grade, which you may be able to use as a credit when applying for Flinders University Courses.
email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 8201 7758
Every effort has been made to ensure the information in this publication is accurate at the time of publication. Information regarding this course, the course fees, and the content is subject to change. Please refer to our website for up-to-date information. Thank you.
Cost: $2,245.00 (inc. GST) + student services amenities fee
Flinders University Alumni Discount
Flinders University Alumni are entitled to a 10% discount off the total price of the course, which will be assessed within the enrolment process.
Register / TicketsRegister Here
21 (Monday) 9:00 am - 25 (Friday) 5:00 pm
Tiffany Carlin | College of Business, Government and Lawtiffany.email@example.com