Flinders Law Professional Program Unit - Recent Alumni CPD Seminar Series
The Flinders Law Professional Program Unit have developed a series of legal seminars designed to support our recent graduates and the wider Flinders Law community to ensure your skills and knowledge remain relevant to your workplace.
Each seminar is worth 1 CPD point.
As a condition of every Practising Certificate issued to a legal practitioner in South Australia, all individuals must complete 10 units of CPD activity (including the 3 required units) over the course of the CPD year (1 April – 31 March).
The seminars will run during Semester 2, 2017 and be held on a Monday evening at our Victoria Square campus, Adelaide.
For each seminar, registrations will open from 5.15pm for a 5.30pm start and the seminar will run for approximately one hour, plus Q&A. An opportunity to network with fellow attendees and Flinders staff follows the presentation and refreshments will be served.
We hope that you can join us for one of the seminars detailed below.
Who should attend?
Aimed at lawyers who are 0-4 years post admission.
What are the benefits of attending?
- Supports your annual CPD activity as each seminar = 1 point.
- Presented by practising lawyers on a range of different topics outlined in further detail within the dates below.
- Opportunity to network with fellow alumni, members of the legal community, current students and staff.
For Semester 2, 2017 the registration fee breakdown for the Recent Alumni CPD Seminar Series is detailed below.
Multiple seminars can be booked within our payment system. Please complete your personal details, select the seminar you would like to attend, click ‘Add and New’ and then repeat the process for additional seminars. Once you have made your selections, click on the shopping cart and select ‘Process payment’ to finalise.
- Flinders Alumni (less than 2 years post -graduation)
- Current Flinders University Law students
- Community Legal Centre Employees and Volunteers
Registration applies for:
- Flinders Alumni (more than 2 years post -graduation) - $35
- Other members of the South Australian Legal Community - $70
To register, click here
Please note, there are limited places for the Recent Alumni CPD Seminar Series – Semester 2, 2017 and registration is required below.
- Kim Pryor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Session Six - "Mediation in Practice: How can Mediators and Lawyers assist the Process" | Monday 23rd October (collapse)
- Fiona Besir, Mediator, Family Law Mediation SA
- Jane Fox, Solicitor, Jacqui Ion Lawyers
- RESCHEDULED Session Three - "Advocacy and Appearing in the District Court – A View from the Bench" | Monday 30th October (collapse)
- Her Honour Judge Sophie David, Judge of the District Court